Thursday 21 August 2014

Snowy Trees

Hi friends!
I've just received some stamps I ordered from Purple Onion Designs.
They are SO cute and whimsical I couldn't resist.
I married two artists to get my card.
The Purple Onion stamp 'Snowy Trees', mixed with Birgit's style of construction.
I'm a tad pleased with this card.
I made a mask of the trees and sponged Tim Holts', Broken China, Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood and Black Soot. I accentuated the baseline with a Copic fine point pen.
The trees are coloured with Copics and the 'snow' is Glamour Dust.

Thanks for dropping by today and thanks for all your much appreciated comments.
sig

13 comments:

Marisa said...

ADORE this, Viv!! The tree images are "Dr. Seuss like" and the sparkly snow on them and the ground is perfect!! Beautiful blue BG too. You rocked this one big time! Need my mailing address wink, wink :)

Jackie said...

Love those trees Viv, and the card is superb, as is your colouring :o)
Love, Jackie xx

Christine L said...

'A tad please'??? What's the matter with you woman... I think you should be ECSTATIC producing such a fabulous card as this!!! What a superb job of that sky behind the trees too... tell you what, just write my name on it and post it now!! LOL! It'll save you remembering at Christmas! hehe!

Big hugs
Christine x

Marilyn said...

Fab-U-Lous! What a sensational card Viv... classy, flashy and oh, so gorgeous! One of my fave Purple Onion images and you've created a stunner!

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Superb Viv. Loving the image and your colouring! xxx

Nikki Foraker said...

I love this! LOVE THIS!!! :)

marlenekiley said...

This card sure puts a person in the Christmas mood. The snow effect is super.

Michelle Short said...

Absolutely stunning card Viv, I love the glitter xx

Julie said...

beautiful card Viv, those trees look fab in their glamour dusted splendor.

Tracy said...

Oooo Viv this is lovely, i love the sky, gorgeous !! x

Marilyn said...

So beautiful Chukky Egg!

Unknown said...

Love this card! You did a beautiful job! Aren't Stacy's designs just wonderful???

Marika said...

I saw your card at the purple onion blog and wanted to come and tell you that this card is just wonderful! I love your simple style, your background is amazing and I love the glitter you added on the ground and to the trees. I also love to make scenery cards, I've not tried that DI mix but since it is this beautiful I'll give it a try too.

>